Although working full-time in business does not leave me too much time for research, every now and then, I try to share some of my thoughts and write scientific papers and thought pieces. In my research, I have focused mainly on theory and practice of negotiation, decision making routines and innovation management.
I am very grateful to Peter Kesting, my friend, mentor and the first co-author, who patiently taught me how to write scientific papers and has remained a great sparring partner for years. Although, there is still so much I need to learn, without Peter I would not know where to start. Many joint projects, lot’s of stimulating discourses, great meals.
Here is the list of my publications and a link to my profile on ResearchGate:
- “A Practical Guide to Negotiation Simulation Writing” (with Peter Kesting), Negotiation Journal, Vol. 39: 3, pp. 297-326, August 2023.
- “Possibilities and limits of procedural and distributive justice in complex conflicts: a study of the Colombian peace process” (with Margarita Canal, David Aponte and Peter Kesting), International Journal of Conflict Management, July 2023.
- “Differences between habitual and novice entrepreneurs in funding negotiations” (with Christian Glade and Peter Kesting), International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, Vol. 29 No. 7, pp. 1644-1663, June 2023.
- “What is Your Best Price?” – An Experimental Study of an Alternative Negotiation Opening (with Wolfram Lipp and Peter Kesting), Negotiation Journal, Vol. 39: 2, pp. 175-206, May 2023.
- “Beyond the First Offer: Decoding Negotiation Openings and Their Impact on Economic and Subjective Outcomes” (with Wolfram Lipp and Peter Kesting), Group Decision and Negotiation, 32, pp. 395–433, January 2023.
- “Toward a Process Model of First Offers and Anchoring in Negotiations” (with Wolfram Lipp and Peter Kesting), Negotiation and Conflict Management Research, Vol. 16: 1, pp. 48-79, July 2022.
- “In Search of the Master Negotiators: The Negotiation Competency Model” (with Yun Xiong), Negotiation Journal, Vol. 36: 3, pp. 365-388, July 2020.
- The Negotiation Challenge: How to Win Negotiation Competitions (with James Downs), Econnections 2018.
- Innovationen und Innovationsmanagement in der Finanzbranche (with Mariusz Cyprian Bodek, Moritz Gerdes, Martin Siejka) Springer Gabler 2017.
- “Mit ganzheitlichem Innovationsmanagement zur Finanzbranche der Zukunft” (with Moritz Gerdes) in R. Smolinski et al (eds.) Innovationen und Innovationsmanagement in der Finanzbranche, Springer Gabler 2017, pp. 37-56.
- “Die comdirect Start-up Garage als Innovationsinstrument in der Finanzbranche: Analyse der Herausforderungen und Erfolgsfaktoren eines Corporate Accelerators” (with Jes Henning und Mariusz Cyprian Bodek) in K. Lucks (ed.) Praxishandbuch Industrie 4.0: Branchen – Unternehmen – M&A, Schäffer-Poeschel, 2017.
- “Startup Garage als kollaborative Innovationsschmiede” (with Mariusz Cyprian Bodek) in D. Schallmo et al (eds.) Digitale Transformation der Geschäftsmodellen, Springer Gabler 2016, pp. 521-546.
- “Looking for the Next Big Thing: The Role of Strategic Foresight for Managing Innovation in the Financial Services Sector” (with Moritz Gerdes), in S. Ili et al (eds.) Digital or Dead: How digital transformation opens up blue oceans for survival in the future, Ili Consulting AG, 2016, pp. 219-237.
- “Im Labyrinth der Screens – Produktstrategien in einem Multi-Device-E-Commerce“ (with Andreas Haack and Lars Finger) in G. Heinemann et al (eds.) Digitalisierung des Handels mit ePace. Innovative E-Commerce-Geschäftsmodelle unter Timing-Aspekten, Springer Gabler 2013, pp. 277-294.
- “World Championship in Negotiation? The Role of Competitions in Negotiation Pedagogy” (with Peter Kesting). Negotiation Journal, Vol. 29: 3, pp. 355-369, July 2013.
- “Transcending the classroom: A practical guide to remote role plays in teaching international negotiation” (with Peter Kesting). Negotiation Journal, Vol. 28: 4, pp. 491-504, October 2012.
- “Conflict in Organizations: The Role of Routine” (with Peter Kesting and Ian Speakman). Problems and Perspectives in Management, Volume 10, Issue 2, 2012.
- “Starting from Scratch: A Multi-Stage Analysis of Remote E-Negotiations” (with Peter Kesting). Available at SSRN, January 2011.
- “Capturing Attitudes and Behavior in International Negotiations: Lessons from the European Union Enlargement Negotiations”, International Negotiation, Vol. 15. 3, pp. 485-509, October 2010.
- “How was the Fifth European Union Enlargement Actually Negotiated? A Comparative Analysis of Selected Traits”, International Negotiation, Vol. 13: 2, pp. 247-283, November 2008.
- “Between (In)Efficiency and (In)Effectiveness: Uncertainty, Risk and Benefits of Routine in Negotiation” (with Peter Kesting) Available at SSRN, September 2007.
- “When Negotiations Become Routine: Not Reinventing the Wheel While Thinking Outside the Box” (with Peter Kesting), Negotiation Journal, Vol. 23: 4, pp. 419-438, October 2007.
- “Negotiating in the Low Trust Settings: The Characteristics of Polish Negotiating Style” in R. Kaczmarek and P. Babicki (eds.), Psychologia Biznesu. Negocjacje, komunikacja, podejmowanie decyzji, Poznań: Rebis, 2007.
- European Union Accession Negotiations: Analysis of Negotiating Profiles and Post-negotiation Economic Performance of Member States, doctoral dissertation, 2007.
- “A Routine-based View on Organizational Change and Dynamic Capabilities” (with Peter Kesting), in Koufopoulos, D.N. (ed.): Reflecting on Issues and Controversies in Current Management Trends, ATINER, 2007.
- “Von der Rolle“ in: Financial Times Deutschland (with Peter Kesting and Richard Federowski), Hamburg, April 11, 2006. pp. 18-19.
- “Fundamentals of International Negotiation” in: Paluchowski, W.J. (ed.): Negocjacje: wśród jawnych zagrożeń i ukrytych możliwości, Poznań, Rebis, 2006. pp. 175-189.
Please feel free to contact me, if you are interested in exploring and/or advancing any of these topics. Joint research projects are fun!